What we offer
Mount Sinai Selikoff Centers for Occupational Health is the largest center for work-related illnesses and injury in New York State. We offer our services by highly specialized physicians and other expert health and social service professionals to workers, labor and community organizations, employers, other healthcare professionals and agencies.
- Do you work with asbestos, solvents, lead, or other dangerous materials?
- Does your job involve repeating the same physical motions over and over, working in uncomfortable positions, or include constant heavy lifting?
- Do you have difficulty breathing?
- Do your wrists, hands, or arms ache or feel numb?
- Do any of your co-workers have similar symptoms?
- Do you feel fewer symptoms when you are away from work?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, or if you have an illness or injury that you think may have been caused or made worse by your job:
Call us. We can help you.
What we do to help
- Confidential medical exams for current and retired workers with health problems that may be related to their work
- Treatment for work-related medical conditions
- Medical screenings for groups of workers who have been exposed to work-related hazards
- Social work services to address disease-related personal and family problems, including one-on-one counseling and monthly support groups
- Work-site evaluations to identify possible safety and health hazards, and recommend solutions
- Specialized work-site ergonomic evaluations for workers with musculoskeletal disease who use computers
- Assistance with Workers’ Compensation and other benefits to which you may be entitled
- Training programs and assistance to unions, in order to help make jobs safer and teach workers about the signs and symptoms of occupational disease
- Accredited Occupational Medicine Residency
- Community Medicine Residents
- Medical Students
Areas of Significant Research/Interest
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders of the Upper Extremities
- Occupational Lead Exposure
- Asbestos Related Diseases
- Occupational Lung Diseases
- New York State Occupational Health Clinic Network
- Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics (AOEC)
- NIOSH Educational Resource Center (ERC)